DPSM Consultants has been engaged by The Royal & Ancient Golf Club, St. Andrews to headhunt an Executive Director – Membership.
Please see below description of the position:
The Royal and Ancient Golf Club of St Andrews is seeking to recruit an Executive Director – Membership. The Executive Director – Membership handles all matters affecting the Members’ Club, working with the Club and Membership Committees, and seeks to ensure the very highest standards of service to Members. This role is pivotal in maintaining the connection between the Club, the Committees, the Members and the R&A Executive Team. As a member of the R&A executive team reporting to the Chief Executive, responsibilities include the organisation of the Club’s Spring and Autumn Meetings, and the day-to-day orchestration and management of the Club’s staff, finances and facilities. The successful candidate will possess a thorough commitment to service as well as highly developed communication skills, a strong ability to forge relationships across a diverse and international membership, and to represent the Club to all appropriate constituencies with ease. Candidates will need to bring exceptional people management and leadership experience, allied to exacting administrative skills. Familiarity with a committee structure and/or a membership organisation would be helpful, but the ability to operate at a senior level within a complex environment will be key. Candidates must be keen golfers, with experience of organising golf competitions and who appreciate the values of The Royal and Ancient Golf Club and The R&A.
Roles & Responsibilities:
- Day-to-day operational management of the Club in delivery of a world class club service to our members.
- With the Club Committee, maintain stature and prestige of the Royal and Ancient Golf Club.
- Control, manage and deal with all matters in connection with the administration, maintenance and safeguarding of the Club.
- Represent the Club on the Executive Committee on strategic direction.
- Take the lead across all aspects of the golf club by reviewing how departments work together to reach the club’s goals.
- Maintain a positive and productive culture in the workplace by listening to employee opinions, making adjustments and recognising the team’s accomplishments.
- Develop effective membership relations to ensure delivery of objectives.
- Work closely with the Finance Team to monitor and control Club income and expenditure against approved budgets.
- Organise and manage the arrangements for the playing of all Club competitions.
- Organise and manage the Club’s Spring and Autumn Meetings.
- Organise and manage Members’ Dinners, Receptions, and all other social events.
- Keep Members of the Club fully informed regarding the activities and plans of the Club.
- Manage the Club’s Membership Department and, through the Clubhouse Manager, all Club Staff.
- Secretary to the Club Committee.
- Secretary to the Membership Committee.
- Proven strong leadership and diplomacy
- Strong written and verbal communication
- Business acumen and sufficient knowledge and experience to ensure that the Club is compliant with all statutory and regulatory matters at all times.
- Excellent administrative, organisational and time-management skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to communicate effectively with people at all levels.
- Highest levels of accuracy and attention to detail.
- Ability to work well under pressure.
- Highly motivated and enthusiastic.
- Proactive approach to problem solving.
- Utmost levels of confidentiality and discretion.
- Commitment to work outside normal office hours, for significant periods of time.
- Always prepared to ‘go the extra mile’ in delivering on time and to the highest standards.
- Ability to work and contribute as part of a wider Executive Team.
There is an excellent package available.
If you are interested in finding out more about this position, please email Douglas Philip – email@example.com – with a copy of your CV by Friday 6th July.