The Blairgowrie Golf Club
The Blairgowrie Golf Club was founded as a private members club in 1889 and is situated in the heart of the magnificent Perthshire countryside. The Club features the renowned Rosemount and Lansdowne championship courses plus a very attractive 9-hole course which are set in heather lined avenues of pine and silver birch.
DPSM Consultants have been exclusively appointed to search for a Managing Secretary. We are seeking a highly motivated individual with proven management experience and commercial acumen to ensure the smooth running of the golf club for the benefit of members and visitors.
The role will include the following responsibilities:
- To organise and manage the affairs of TBGC in accordance with the policies and procedures set out by the TBGC Committee
- To implement satisfactorily the decisions reached by the TBGC Committee
- Oversee, with the assistance of the Club’s finance team, preparation and development of budgets and financial plans.
- Motivating and leading a team of staff at all levels to achieve Club objectives.
- Ensuring the course, clubhouse and other facilities are presented to the highest defined standards for members and visitors at all times.
- Ensuring the Club is compliant with all relevant laws and regulations, including but not limited to health & safety, employment, licensing and equality legislation.
- Managing media and other external communication whilst providing support for the Club’s marketing strategy.
- Representing the Club effectively in its dealings with all third parties.
The successful candidate will demonstrate:
- Strong track record of providing service excellence to members and visitors
- Proven management and administrative skills with a well organised and efficient style
- Business acumen and financial literacy.
- Strong IT skills
- First class communication, leadership, motivation and diplomacy skills.
- A passion for golf.
- A flexible approach to working hours with the ability to work under pressure.
An attractive package commensurate with experience is on offer.
To apply, candidates should send a letter highlighting their motivation for the role and relevant experience, an up-to-date CV, details of their current remuneration and ability to relocate if necessary.
Please contact Douglas Philip – email@example.com or +44 (0) 7399440403
DPSM Consultants is a golf industry specialist search firm, focused on Club Management appointments throughout the EMEA region. For more information please visit www.dpsmconsultants.com
Sunday 6thSeptember 2020