Bruntsfield Links Golfing Society
Chief Executive Officer
Founded in 1761, the Bruntsfield Links Golfing Society is the fourth oldest in the world and one of Scotland’s most prestigious clubs. The mature parkland style course was originally designed by Willie Park Jnr with later modifications by world renowned architects Dr Alister MacKenzie and James Braid. As a testament to the quality of the course The R&A selected Bruntsfield as a Qualifying Venue for the Open Championship from 2011 – 2015.
DPSM Consultants have been exclusively appointed to search for a Chief Executive Officer. We are seeking a highly motivated individual with proven management experience and commercial acumen to ensure the smooth running of the golf club for the benefit of members and visitors.
The role will include the following responsibilities:
- To organise and manage the affairs of BLGS in accordance with the policies and procedures set out by the BLGS Board
- To implement satisfactorily the decisions reached by the BLGS Board
- To lead such transformational change as the BLGS Board decides is appropriate to achieve its vision to be recognised as the leading Edinburgh golf club
- Oversee, with the assistance of the Club’s finance team, preparation and development of budgets and financial plans.
- Motivating and leading a team of staff at all levels to achieve Club objectives.
- Ensuring the course, clubhouse and other facilities are presented to the highest defined standards for members and visitors at all times.
- Ensuring the Club is compliant with all relevant laws and regulations, including but not limited to health & safety, employment, licensing and equality legislation.
- Managing media and other external communication whilst providing support for the Club’s marketing strategy.
- Representing the Club effectively in its dealings with all third parties.
The successful candidate will demonstrate:
- Strong track record of providing service excellence to members and visitors
- Proven management and administrative skills with a well organised and efficient style
- Business acumen and financial literacy.
- Stong IT skills
- First class communication, leadership, motivation and diplomacy skills.
- A passion for golf.
- A flexible approach to working hours with the ability to work under pressure.
Remuneration: An attractive package commensurate with experience is on offer. There is no Club accommodation with the role.
Application Process: To apply, candidates should send a letter highlighting their motivation for the role and relevant experience, an up-to-date CV, details of their current remuneration and ability to relocate if necessary.
Please contact Douglas Philip – email@example.com or +44 (0) 7399440403
DPSM Consultants is a golf industry specialist search firm, focused on Club Management appointments through out the EMEA region. For more information please visit www.dpsmconsultants.com
Application deadline: Friday 28th October