DPSM have been engaged by a Leading Irrigation Manufacturer to search for a Golf Area Sales Manager to be based in Germany and oversee Germany, Switzerland, Austria, Netherlands and Belgium. Below is the Job Description.
Position: Golf Area Sales Manager
Company: Irrigation Manufacturer
Reports To: Europe Golf Sales Manager
Work Location: Germany
The Area Manager is responsible for setting the direction and achieving the desired sales results for their territory, Germany, Austria, Switzerland, Belgium and Netherland. Responsibilities include the development & implementation of a strategic sales plan, sales calls and business development and growth of sales and market share.
He or she will act as the voice of their customers to management and take an active role in the tactical actions needed to reach corporate objectives.
The European Golf sales team is comprised of “solution-based” sales representatives, capable of analyzing irrigation system designs, products and financing options to course owners, greens committees, consultants, contractors, developers, architects and superintendents.
- Deliver ambitious sales results in both products and services.
- Manage and develop business partners in the area for which she/he is responsible.
- Recommend and implement differentiating sales strategies, programs and promotions.
- Organise the project follow-up of new built or renovation projects
- Open and develop distributors in his/her territory.
- Works in collaboration with the Golf Sales Specialist active in his/her territory, and coordinate his activity.
- Organise and take part in regional meetings and trainings with greenkeeepers, architects, contractors and others to build intimate relationships between the company and customers.
- Visit golf courses regularly for sales and specification purposes and to identify future business opportunities.
- Update the company database of customers.
- Report regularly on progress.
- Track and monitor sales progress and make recommendations, as needed
- Actively participate in the business tactical planning
- Work closely with Service team, other Golf Area Managers, Europe Specification Manager and Europe Golf Sales Manager to achieve sales objectives and actions in the regions for which she/he is responsible
- This position requires intensive traveling of about 50% of the person’s time.
- German native language and fluent in English (written / verbal)
- Undergraduate degree or equivalent
- Five or more years of experience in industrial / technical products sales (sales through projects, and through distribution channels)
- Proven track record and demonstrated progression of responsibilities
- Ability to achieve results individually and through others
- Strong interpersonal, influencing and leadership skills
- Excellent written and verbal skills in English
- Working knowledge of personal computers and commonly used business software (Word, Excel etc.)
- MBA or graduate degree
- Experience in irrigation or golf industry
- Experience in opening and developing distribution in the region
Please submit CV/resumes to Doug Philip by e-mail (firstname.lastname@example.org)