The Royal & Ancient Golf Club, St. Andrews, is working with DPSM to source a new Deputy Food, Beverage & Events Manager.
The Royal & Ancient Golf Club was founded in 1754 and comprises a Clubhouse, a restaurant and bar within its adjacent property, Forgan House, and a guest house called Waldon House. The Club has approximately 2,500 Members nationally and internationally, who may introduce guests. There are around 50 full-time staff with additional seasonal staff.
The Royal & Ancient Golf Club aspires to world class standards.
Principle Purpose of the Position:
To assist in the management of the operation of all Clubhouse, Forgan House and other hospitality venues, as and when required and to deputise for the Food, Beverage and Events Manager in their absence.
- To assist with the management of all Club food and beverage venues according to the policy set out by the Club Committee.
- To maintain a visible and active presence throughout the Food, Beverage and Events operation, in all locations.
- Welcome Members, their guests and visitors and provide with all drinks and food as required in a professional and courteous manner, according to the standards set by the Club.
- To manage dining, banqueting functions, meetings and event reservations.
- To follow all Health & Safety at Work & Food Hygiene Regulations.
- To deputise for the Food, Beverage and Events Manager as and when required.
Skills and Personal Attributes:
- Excellent personal presentation.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- A high degree of personal motivation and ability to take a hands on approach.
- Confident personality.
- High levels of numeracy.
- Willingness to undertake a degree of administrative duties.
- Skilled in the use of Microsoft Office Packages, particularly Excel and Word.
- Have a passion for working in the hospitality industry.
To apply, please email your CV to Douglas Philip, Director at DPSM, via email@example.com.