Turfgrass®, an Irish based Golf Development Company with projects across the globe, is looking to hire an Assistant Agronomist to join their growing team.
We are seeking a dynamic, eager to learn individual, with a third level degree in Horticulture or Turfgrass Science, with excellent organisational skills who can provide support to the Agronomic team both in the office and out in the field.
The successful candidate will be working in a multi project environment, alongside and supporting the Agronomic team with their exciting projects, while reporting directly to the Director of Agronomy.
This role will deliver hands on experience, working on some of the best golf courses in the world, putting into practice all the theories and skills acquired.
The key responsibilities of the role are:
- Support the Agronomic team to help develop and maintain the highest quality golf courses for our clients
- Assist in on Course Consulting site visits and Project Management from construction specifications to completion
- Assist with the Team with preparation/editing/proofing of Business Proposals and client reports in both word and excel
- Monitor remote client data feeds (Turf Assistant, POGO, Soil Scout etc.)
- Liaise with Clients on behalf of the team and help to maintain relationships with fellow industry consultants and suppliers on agronomic-related issues and topics.
- Help to prepare and edit business presentations for clients and the golf industry
- Develop timely, well written and thorough articles for blog, website, social media and other publications to promote the company.
- Assist the Operations Manager with the general management and day to day running of the office, including maintenance and IT
- Support the offsite team with administration/HR/IT tasks when required.
The successful candidate will have:
- Third level degree in Horticulture / Turfgrass Science or related discipline.
- Friendly and personal with a “can do attitude”.
- Creative and solutions orientated with ability to work under own initiative.
- Ability to work in a multi-disciplinary team environment
- Effective analytical and problem-solving skills
- Excellent attention to detail and organisational skills, with ability to multitask.
- Excellent written and communication skills in English
- Proficient in all MS Office skills (Powerpoint/Word and Excel Mandatory ) with knowledge of Microsoft 365 and Teams an advantage
- Proficient in Digital media
- Eager to develop and learn
- Must be able to travel both domestically and internationally to project locations
- Full clean driving license
- In date valid passport
Salary: €35,000-45,000 per annum
Benefits: To be discussed
To apply, please contact Douglas Philip, Director at DPSM, via email@example.com